8 Simple Techniques For Vaughan Ontario Time
8 Simple Techniques For Vaughan Ontario Time
Blog Article
Indicators on Vaughan Ontario Map You Should Know
Table of Contents7 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Weather ExplainedVaughan Ontario Can Be Fun For EveryoneMore About Vaughan Ontario Zip CodeSome Ideas on Vaughan Ontario Hotels You Need To KnowAn Unbiased View of Vaughan Ontario HotelsVaughan Ontario Apartments Fundamentals Explained5 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Apartments Shown
His boys, in connection with their relative, William Wright, developed a tannery and grist mill. A fire in 1828 consumed the brand-new flour mill constructed by Mr.After his failure the property fell building the hands of David Macdougall & Co. On whole lot 34, concession 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, built a saw-mill in 1825, which was damaged by an incendiary fire five years later on, being rebuilt the list below year - vaughan ontario hotels.
10 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Hotels Described
It was once again shed and restored, and is still in operation. On whole lot 36, in the very same concession, Barnabas Lyons, a son of John Lyons, previously discussed, constructed a sawmill in the year 1839, which was worked for concerning thirty years. Hiram Dexter built a saw-mill 011 whole lot 37, in the year 1836, which functioned for many years.
Patterson commenced procedures by the building and construction of a saw-mill, after that establishing right here the considerable ranch implement manufactory to which the area owes its prosperity. On great deal 41. in the very same giving in, a saw-mill was developed by Sandwich Purr in the year 1828, which was worked for regarding twenty years. Mr.
Getting My Vaughan Ontario Postal Code To Work
Rowland Burr, his kid, was one of the most noted mid and factory home builders in the very early days. lie put up a tlour millknown as the Greenfield Millon great deal 41, which was rented to Mr (vaughan ontario zip code). Shephard, and was destroyed by fire about the year 1840. C. E. Lawrence developed a saw-mill on great deal 42, m 1834, and 6 years afterwards built a carding and fulling mill and woollen manufacturing facility, which he helped several years, till his death, after which it changed hands often.
Atkinson afterwards fell right into financial troubles, and his residential property was purchased by Edward Hawke, of Toronto. This mill is still in great working order. A double-geared saw-mill was erected on whole lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Greater up, on the exact same branch of the stream, stood a distillery developed by James McDavids in 1844.
The 15-Second Trick For Vaughan Ontario Apartments
Mr. Langstaff additionally had an implement manufacturing facility on an additional small branch of the Don, in the immediate neighbourhood. This was created in 1850, a steel file manufacturing facility being after that included. On lot 50, giving in 1, a saw-mill was built, in 1842, by a man called Heslop, and worked for years.
In all, there have actually been very first to last twelve saw-mills, 7 grist mills, and three distilleries, constructed on the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Municipality. The vaughan on the cowboys settlement of Vaughan was finished about thirty-five years after the arrival of the leaders. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

Examine This Report on Vaughan Ontario To Toronto
Of the population in the latter year those of German origin phoned number 993, being mainly the descendants of old inhabitants from Pennsylvania. In 1881 the real-time stock of the town phoned number as complies with: Livestock, 2,952; equines, 2,481; sheep, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Among the owners of pedigreed livestock are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and children, and Edwin Langstaff. The municipal documents of Vaughan, which have not been maintained farther back than 1850, reveal that in that year the council was arranged under the new regulations which after that carne effective by the political election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the initial meeting kept in the territory hall in the fifth concession, J. W. Wager was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was selected territory clerk, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Doorperson, assessors. At a subsequent conference, Rev. James Cock was appointed superintendent of Common Colleges at a salary of 20.
Fascination About Vaughan Ontario Map

Arnold filled the chair in 1861 and both adhering to years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was again selected reeve, and proceeded to hold the setting umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve throughout the previous year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship was up to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
The Ultimate Guide To Vaughan Ontario Apartments
G. J. F. Pearce, who had actually officiated as municipality clerk and treasurer for virtually ten years, surrendered, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was designated to prosper him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years.
The primary municipal authorities for 1884 are as follows: Reeve, T. Doorperson, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Cook, Carville; second deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; municipality clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hill. Mr - vaughan ontario postal code. Lawrence is of U. E. Follower beginning
Report this page